So you've started using GigWorx to fill in your employee gaps. Excellent! To ensure success for both you and your contingent workers, we suggest following these 5 tips:
1. Job Description - Make sure to be accurate and upbeat! There’s no need for your job description to be long and boring. Most gigsters use their mobile devices to check for and apply to open gigs, so stay away from unnecessary text and too many buzz words. Instead, cut to the chase and keep your job description “on point” by listing essential job tasks, duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position. This helps you not only draw more staff, but the right staff.
Try to use positive lingo and strive for a casual style whenever possible. If you offer company discounts or special benefits, add them to the job description to attract more interest.
2. Contact Info - In an ideal world, computers, apps and internet service run 24/7 without any hitches or glitches. But in those rare cases when there is an issue on site—it’s important that gigsters can still get in touch. Make sure to provide accurate and up-to-date point of contact information for the gig!
3. The Schedule – Having flexible, on-demand workers means that you can schedule staff precisely when and where you need them, saving you and your business valuable time and money. GigWorx’s seamless scheduling tool for managers makes it easy to handle your on-demand scheduling needs for flexible workers. But as the adage, GIGO (Garbage In, Garbage Out) says, “the output is only as good as the input.” Keeping the online schedule up-to-date and accurate each week is the key to making sure you have the right people at the right time.
4. Review and Pool- Reducing and increasing your contingent workforce at different times of the day, month, or year requires a flexible pool of skilled gig workers. How can you ensure you have the right pool of talent? Reviews are key for hiring managers when it comes to tracking each contingent worker’s performance and productivity. Reviews provides managers insight into which workers outrival their competition—vital metrics when it comes to creating and maintaining ongoing relationships with flexible workers.
Know a gigster who performed above and beyond? Make sure to add them to your “favorites” to begin building pools of preferred workers so you keep getting the best!
5. Trust But Verify- Days of manually preparing payroll is a thing of the past, especially with a contingent workforce platform in place. Automated payment processes keeps everybody happy. Hiring managers no longer have the tedious task of tracking numerous invoices and contingent workers get paid on time and without hassle. With this ease, comes due diligence for hiring managers and employers. Trust, but verify gigster hours to make sure you’re paying exactly what needs to be paid!
When it’s time to build your team of local, background-checked flexible workers to fill in your employee gaps, GigWorx is here to help. Don't hesitate to contact GigWorx if you need a little extra help. That’s what we’re here for!