Bozeman, Montana is a great destination to visit in the spring due to its unique mix of warm, sunny days, and random snowstorms. The mountains turn bright green early in the spring, and Bozeman is known for its bluebird days (sunny and not a cloud in the sky), making it a perfect time for outdoor activities such as fishing, biking, and wildlife watching. Visiting Bozeman in the spring means fewer visitors, cooler temperatures, and discounted rates on accommodations compared to peak season in the Summer. Bozeman has many picture-perfect reasons to visit, such as its view of the beautiful Bridger range and its lively downtown.
Bozeman, Montana offers many exciting activities during spring. Here are six things you can do:
- Fly Fishing: Bozeman is known for its excellent fly fishing opportunities. You can go fishing on rivers that have just melted off, and the fish are hungry and ready to bite. Check out Montana Angler to find a fishing guide or book a trip.
- Visit a Museum: Bozeman has several museums, including the Museum of the Rockies, where you can see dinosaur skeletons, and the Gallatin History Museum, where you can learn about Montana history.
- Attend Outdoor Events: During spring, Bozeman hosts many outdoor events, including concerts at venues like The Old Saloon and Pine Creek Lodge. You can also dine outside on patios (the Bacchus and Taproom have great outdoor patios downtown) and enjoy the spring sunshine.
- Bike Outdoors: Yellowstone closes the road to motor vehicles beginning April 7th so cyclists can bike 49 miles from the West Entrance to Mammoth Hot Springs, then reopens to motor vehicles April 21. Also, the Hyalite Canyon Road is closed to motor vehicles starting April 1st, so enjoy paved roads with no worry of cars zooming by. It's 15.6 miles and 1180 feed elevation gain.
- Take a Guided Tour: Bozeman offers several guided tours, including the Yellowstone Full-Day Private Guided Tours, which takes you through Yellowstone National Park.
- Relax at the Bozeman Hot Springs: You can visit the Bozeman Hot Springs, which offers indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, and even a cold tub for recovery. You can also enjoy live music on the outside stage on Thursdays and Sundays.
Enjoy your time in Bozeman this Spring!